Friday, December 3, 2010

END OF YEAR THOUGHT

I am just musing, like many, about being in the last month of 2010 and seriously Into the Christmas season. Today I am going to lunch with my husband and others to a local Vietnamese restaurant with a couple of our friends who speak German. I have just finished translating a large number of pages from Spanish into English for a Mexican friend. In a moment I will be writing to my English cousin and I have just read an email from my niece who is in Rio De Janeiro and heading across to Bolivia - her father is from Macedonia. On Tuesday I will do water aerobics with my Colombian friend and there we will mix with a couple of Dutch women, an Italian who grew up in Egypt and a woman from Hong Kong - among others of various heritages. Yesterday I was with two grandson who have a Greek grandmother, the day before I was with two grandsons who have two Italian grandparents. My husband has just gone to consult over a garden with clients from Taiwan. I could go on........of course the drift....Melbourne and its connections are truly MULTICULTURAL and therefore FASCINATING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type in here to leave a comment!